Healthy snacks for families in lockdown
So it’s official, schools won’t be open for the foreseeable here the UK. Which means that us busy parents must keep on top of the snack cupboard stock take. PLUS with very little time to even sip a warm cuppa between Teams calls, we know that busy parents like us will need a steady supply of healthy snacks to produce in front of the little snackers quicker than you can say “lockdown three”.
TOP TIP for those on a New Year health kick, we suggest substituting the usual snacks for something healthier. So we’ve picked out a bunch of organic, gluten-free, vegan friendly alternatives. All tried and tested – your resident snack monsters are in for a treat (or 8).
1. Bear Paws Strawberry and Apple Bear Nibbles, Farmdrop, £2.75 for a pack of 5. Vegan friendly.
2. Fruit Bowl Unicorn Flakes, Tesco, £2 for a pack of 5. Gluten free. Veggie friendly.
3. Snackzilla Cookies, Snackzilla, from £3. Low Sugar.
4. Biona Pomegranate Hearts, Planet Organic, £1.99. Vegan friendly.
1. Proper Chips Sea Salt Lentil Chips, Waitrose & Partners, £2. Vegan friendly.
2. Eat Real Hummus Chips, Holland & Barrett, from 99p. Vegan friendly.
3. Abakus Salt and Vinegar Seaweed Crisps, Holland & Barrett, 99p. Vegan friendly.
4. Ape Really Cheesy Puffs, 99p. Vegan friendly.
Wash it down with a big gulp of water. Check our roundup of the best Water bottles here.
Follow our INSTAGRAM for more ideas and inspiration.
Please note, prices correct as of time of publishing. Prices may go up or down.