Your weekly Friday Five edit is here – BIGGER and better for the Early May Bank Holiday Weekend!
Not sure what to do this bank holiday weekend? No problemo, we’ve doubled-up on our usual Friday FIVE to bring you 10 super things to do for the coolest families in town. From music, parades and giant sculptures, there will be something for everyone!
1. Stomp like an elephant and join the colourful herd at Elmer’s Big Art Parade at Chessington World of Adventures.
2. Introduce young theatre lovers to Shakespeare’s London with the family friendly guided tour of the Globe Theatre.
3. Delight in the natural world with immersive event Secret World of Plants at Kew Gardens this summer.
4. There is something for the whole family at Fulham Palace’s climate change event Green Meet, which will feature a green market, cooking demos, children’s activities and much more.
5. Learn all about musical instruments with Explore the Orchestra, online from the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
6. Create a unique model of yourself from paper with Make a Portrait Sculpture, online with the Milton Keynes Art Centre.
7. Get ready for a spooky adventure with the interactive made-for-Zoom show Where The Bugaboo Lives from London’s Little Angel Theatre.
8. Learn and play with your mini explorers in the magical outdoor setting of Fulham Palace gardens with Palace Explorers.
9. Discover different textures and open up tiny universes with sensory show Space to Be, created for and with disabled young people to enjoy at home.
10. Take a walk along a technicolour walkway with the Hundreds and Thousands art installation in Greenwich.
To get more ideas and family activity inspo see More City Kids What’s On here>>>>