Your weekly Friday Five edit is here – Friday 21st May
Whatever the weather, we’re here to bring you some magic to your weekend. This week, we’re continuing on the nature theme, so this one’s perfect for animal lovers. TOP TIP: Whatever you do, be sure to pack some waterproofs!
1. Discover magical beasts and find out how nature inspires mythical creatures at the Natural History Museum’s exhibition Fantastic Beasts: The Wonder of Nature.
2. Swing into the fascinating world of primates with immersive exhibition Monkey Business at the Horniman Museum.
3. Celebrate spring and explore nature at Cannizaro Park’s Nature Weekend in Wimbledon.
Located on the edge of Wimbledon Common, the Grade II listed park will host the two-day celebration on Saturday May 22nd and Sunday May 23rd.
4. Search for hidden fairies while introducing kids to Shakespeare with interactive theatrical event Titania’s Dream, outdoors at Fulham Palace.
Inspired by A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the open-air experience celebrates nature and weaves in many of the botanicals that Shakespeare mentions in his play.
5. Join the brave Knights of Royal England for an epic display of Medieval Jousting at Stonor Park in Oxfordshire.
The annual tournament features jousting knights in full armour. Also see horseback stunts, falconry and weapon displays, theatre shows, and many more medieval activities to keep you busy all day.