What’s on this weekend?
From free open air entertainment fit for any football fan, PJ Masks and The Al Fresco Theatre Drive-in, our Friday Five for 11 June has something for everyone.
1. Enjoy free open-air entertainment at Wembley Park’s Summer of Play 2021.
Take part in GameChangers – football activities with new, sometimes whacky, rules created by videogame designers.
2. Get outdoors and celebrate the charms of the English countryside at the South of England Show 2021.
Organised by the South of England Agricultural Society, the three-day June event will be held in Ardingly in West Sussex.
3. Be a hero for the day and help the PJ Masks stop the marine mayhem at the Sea Life centre at Chessington World of Adventures.
Based on the hit cartoon for pre-schoolers, the aquarium adventure will include PJ Masks sea-themed trails, activities and pop-up games. And you will get the chance to meet and take photos with the masked heroes themselves.
4. Get arty at Family Saturdays, free online workshops for all ages from Studio 3 Arts.
Running over the summer, the virtual creative classes will cover a different theme each week. Artist Connor Bowmott will lead the live family workshops.
5. Hop in your car and watch a film with The Alfresco Theatre Drive-in, coming to Syon Park in West London.
The drive-in runs until Sunday June 13th. There are several screenings on the schedule, from grown up movie nights to sing-a-longs with the whole family . On Saturday June 12th, musical The Greatest Showman will be showing at 11am and Grease at 2pm. On Sunday June 13th, 80s classic Ferris Bueller’s Day Off will be showing at 5pm.