What’s On this Weekend?
This week’s Friday Five travels from East to West and even takes a step outside of London to bring you the best family friendly things to do this weekend.
- Book a boat pod or bean bag and enjoy an outdoor film with all the family at Westfield’s Bar W12 and Film Club.
Westfield in Shepherd’s Bush will be screening some family favourites as well as Wimbledon tennis matches and the Olympics. And you can book a boat pod with table service or a giant bean bag. There will also be a hot dog truck and ice cream van for movie snacks.
2. Treat your mini bookworms to a literary day out to meet some of their favourite authors at Barnes Children’s Literature Festival.
The outdoor festival has over 60 events and runs on Saturday June 26th and Sunday June 27th around Barnes Green.
3. Watch an open-air show in a hidden London gem with David Walliams’ best-seller Mr Stink, showing at the East End’s Royal Foundation St Katherine’s.
The family friendly book has been adapted for open air theatre by Heartbreak Productions. The interactive musical is full of song, humour and poetry.
4. Celebrate Pride Month with Clip Theatre’s Big Drag Storytime, which is next on the agenda at Canary Wharf’s Summer Family Festival.
Go on an adventure with Diggory the Dodo and help him make some new friends. The show, which is suitable for ages 0 to 5, features drag acts, live music, interactive sensory fun and bubbles.
The free show runs on Saturday June 26th at 11am at Crossrail Place Roof Garden in Canary Wharf.
5. Visit Hever Castle at its loveliest time of the year when the ground’s roses are at their peak, and then create your own floral masterpiece at the annual Hever in Bloom festival.
Families can amble around the Rose Garden, which has around 4,000 roses, spot the Anne Boleyn rose near Half Moon pond and see the climbing roses on the Pergola Walk.
For more things to do this weekend and beyond check out City Kids’ What’s On here.