Halloween treats ahoy with this recipe for chocolate orange balls
Little Cooks Co is on a mission to get children cooking and what better excuse than Halloween! Keep this recipe card safe…you will want to make it again and again!
Prep: 15 minutes
Tasty Tip: These heavenly truffles are perfect for both kids and grown-ups. Perfect for trick or treaters – or save them for yourself!
1 cup of dates (100g)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
Rind of one medium orange (finely grated)
Coconut oil (or some other kind of oil) for your hands
1. Soften the dates in boiling water for a few mins if they are a little hard.
2. Pop the dates, cacao powder and orange zest in a food processor and blitz for 1-2 mins.
3. If the mixture is too stiff add a few drops of juice from the orange and blitz again
4. Now for little cooks to have some fun! sprinkle some cacao powder on a plate, rub coconut oil into your little cook’s hands and start rolling!
5. Take about a heaped teaspoon amount and roll into a ball – then roll in the cacao powder on the plate and repeat until all of the mixture has been used up
6. Store in a fridge for up to 5 days, though we can guarantee they will not last that long!
Little Cooks Co a delicious, healthy and fun recipe kit, for kids, delivered straight to your door from £8.33 a month.