Celebrating 60 years of Nutella®, French celebrity chef, Grégory Cohen has created 60 tempting recipes in Nutella®: 60 Classic Recipes.
He’s pulled together a collection which includes tiramisu, banana bread, pavlova, banoffee pie, shortbread, macarons, profiteroles and of course, these Nutella® marble madeleines.
Makes approx 15 madeleines
Prep time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
35g (1¼oz/2 tbsp plus 1 tsp) butter, at room temperature+ extra for the tray
50g (1¾oz/¼ cup) caster sugar
1 tbsp whole milk
65g (2¼oz/½ cup) plain flour
5g baking powder
40g (1½oz/3 tbsp) NUTELLA®
1. Melt the butter in the microwave, then leave to cool.
2. In a bowl, beat together the egg and sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add the milk, flour and baking powder and mix vigorously until there are no lumps remaining. Mix in the melted butter, then leave to chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F/Gas 8) and grease the madeleine tray.
4. Pour a third of the batter into another bowl. Add the NUTELLA® and mix well until the the batter is one solid colour.
5. Using a spoon, divide half of the plain batter between the moulds of your madeleine tray. Divide all of the NUTELLA® batter between the moulds, then return to the plain batter and divide the remaining half between the cakes. The moulds should be about two thirds full of batter. Bake for 3 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4) and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the madeleines from the tray and leave to cool.
This recipe is taken from the book Nutella: 60 Classic Recipes by Grégory Cohen.
Grégory Cohen is a French celebrity chef, whose inventive and contemporary cooking style comes from his diverse experience. He worked in the kitchen from an early age, studying at the family gourmet restaurant Le Galant Verre. Grégory is now the television host and columnist on France Inter, the head of several culinary establishments and has recently been working on a number of campaigns to promote better eating in hospitals and schools. He is an Ambassador for Ferrero.
Nutella: 60 Classic Recipes is published by White Lion Publishing, an imprint of The Quarto Group. www.quartoknows.com