City Kids is on a mission. A mission to learn and to share expertise. To celebrate parenting brands, individuals and businesses committing to a greener future. The City Kids Green Awards 2023 are now open and we welcome individuals, brands, schools or nurseries who are actively working towards a sustainable future to enter. We will shine a spotlight, celebrate the work and share the successes of entrants with our readers.
Together, City Kids and brands within the parenting sector have an opportunity to help parents navigate the often complex world of sustainability and empower them to make more informed, eco-friendly and conscious choices for their families.
Amongst several criteria, judging will review an entrant’s sustainable practices, innovation, independent endorsements, and commitment to change. From using eco-friendly materials or reusing scraps or offcuts, updating packaging, B-Corp accreditation or carbon offsetting, our awards will recognise those who are making a positive difference.
In our inaugural Green Awards, there are over 40 categories. If you are unsure which to enter, please contact [email protected]. As outlined in our rules and conditions, we will create further (sub)categories if demand requires.
The award winners will be announced in June, just ahead of Plastic Free July.
WE HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE TO 11 May 2023
Week Commencing 5 June 2023
We are putting together The Green Awards Supplement which will be available alongside The Journal Summer Issue in June. We’ll feature each of the shortlisted brands as well as comments from our judges. To feature, please get in touch with [email protected].
The panel is made up of City Kids team members (who are all parents) as well as a selection of sustainability ambassadors, retail buyers, education and environmental experts. Judges will be asked to provide feedback and scores on all entries which will contribute to the winners’ scores.
How To Enter
All award entries must be completed online www.citykidsmagazine.co.uk by 24 April 2023. The entry form will ask for the following:
- Brand and/or product name and website address.
- Max 500 words explaining why you should win your category. We need to hear what you have achieved so far as well as the plans you have in place for the future as well as any independent certifications you have already.
- A high-res image supporting your entry.
- Optional video in reels format showcasing your brand, no longer than 90 seconds please. This can be sent to to [email protected] or via WhatsApp at 07770370353.
An entry to the awards is £175 per submission, and you can enter as many categories as you wish. Three or more entries from the same brand will receive a 10% discount. Beyond this, there is NO ADDITIONAL cost to display our 2023 award on packaging, promotional or marketing materials, correspondence or social media. This includes usage of shortlisted logos and special awards.
Cost includes logos, awards write-ups and promotion across City Kids platforms, including hyperlinks.
Payment can be made by VISA, Mastercard and American Express, Apple Pay, PayPal or via bank transfer.
At City Kids we are proud to champion small businesses, so if you would like to enter but you are worried about costs, please get in touch with [email protected].
Entry Rules & Conditions
- You may enter as many categories as you wish: each will incur a separate entry fee.
- Each entry must be completed on a separate entry form.
- City Kids reserves the right to move entries into different categories if the team feels they would be better placed elsewhere as well as create new categories should demand require.
- City Kids reserves the right to cancel or merge categories if there are insufficient entries for particular categories.
- Please complete all sections of the entry form and provide images as requested, to the file size required.
- An entry will not be considered until the full entry form has been completed and payment has cleared.
- International brands can enter but they must be able to ship to the UK.
- Judging will consist of 75% by the City Kids team of judges and 25% public vote via www.citykidsmagazine.co.uk.
- Winners and highly commended will be notified UNDER EMBARGO by email w/c 29 May 2023.
- City Kids decision is final.
All that remains is to choose your category and enter below. Good Luck!