Chocolate pots for every member of the family to enjoy this Easter
As a parent, I know I have spent a lot of time over the years questioning the amount of chocolate I should let my children eat. However, the one time of year I ease up on the rules is Easter. Embrace chocolate and have fun with the kids making these super easy chocolate treats. Here’s what you need for my Cheeky Choccy Egg Pots.
CHEEKY CHOCCY EGG POTS
These are super rich so serving in small pots is a must!
- 125g dark chocolate, 70% solids
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml ready-made custard
- Finely grated zest ½ orange (optional)
- Approx. 100g chocolate mini eggs
- 6 espresso cups or egg cups
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a small heatproof bowl. Rest the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, so that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Alternatively. You can gently melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring once or twice, until all the chocolate has melted. Set aside and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk the cream until it just starts to form soft peaks, then fold in the custard. Add the melted chocolate and gently fold everything together until you have a smooth mousse consistency.
- Pop a mini egg in the base of each espresso or egg cups as a little surprise when you eat them, and spoon or pipe the chocolate mousse on top. You can now serve these straight away whilst they are super soft and fluffy, or alternatively, you can pop them in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes for the chocolate to firm up.
- Before serving decorate with more mini eggs on top.
For more inspiration from Jo Pratt, head to her website: