Seeking out some snow this winter? If you haven’t booked already, we’ve got news for you from around the slopes. So get that ski gear ready for your family ski holiday!
The Ultimate Chalet Experience
F&P Travel (formerly Fish&Pips) has introduced a fantastic family ski chalet experience in Méribel for this season. Forget the hassle and arguments of carrying gear and feeding tired and hangry kids. From drivers to pick up children from ski-school, delicious home cooked kiddies teas, pizza making classes and chalets packed full of fun activities inside and out, every minute detail has been thought of to create a seamless stress-free family ski holiday.
The new Ultimate Family Ski seven-night catered ski chalet experience includes:
- Hassle-free in-chalet ski and boot fitting (with 10% off ski hire) on arrival to save precious skiing time and avoid dragging little ones to the busy hire shop
- Complimentary driver service from 8am – 8pm every day. From ski school drop-offs and pick-ups, help carrying skis and doing up boots, remembering helmets and snacks, these drivers are essential in the smooth-running of a family ski holiday
- A Complimentary baby-sitting session 4-8pm for parents to enjoy a grown up après-ski
- Snowman making kits and Snowball throwers
- Complimentary Sledges for fun on and off the slopes
- An afternoon pizza-making with the chef and learning how to make the best ice-cream sundaes
- Movie night, with all the trimmings
- Hearty children’s teas: F&P Travel chefs will ensure children are happy and well-fed with six children’s teas designed around their likes and dislikes. There are always cakes and candles at the ready for any birthdays too
- All the equipment: From cots to highchairs, soft toys to sledges, sterilisers to non-slip bath mats, monitors and changing mats all equipment is complimentary and will be installed prior to arrival. F&P’s comprehensive check list covers all bases so nothing will be forgotten
- Complimentary F&P Travel concierge service: The F&P ski team are based in Méribel and able to organise anything to make your family holiday seamless, from family friendly restaurant reservations, fun resort activities and the very best ski instructors for private or group lessons to tapping into their black book of certified nannies or tutors to pre-arrival shopping (no need to pack a bag of nappies, formula, snacks, etc)
La Rosière Make Over
If you’re after ski-in ski-out then look no further than the new Lodge des Glaciers in La Rosière. In the heart of the resort close to all amenities, find 11 spacious apartments, which can accommodate from two to 18 people, for an exceptional stay with family or friends. Each apartment is designed to combine comfort, modernity and authenticity.
In addition, the beginners’ snow front in the Les Eucherts area is getting a makeover with the replacement of the Dahu drag lift with a 4-seater fixed chairlift. La Rosière has a 3-hour beginner pass. It costs €23 and gives access to 5 lifts.
And if you’re after some après and other activities, skiers, boarders and hikers can enjoy a new covered picnic area with electric grills, loungers, and picnic tables. Located where the golf course lies in the summer, it provides a warm space for visitors to enjoy their picnics whilst enjoying an incredible view of Mont Pourri. And if someone can’t stay away from the golf course, La Rosière’s 9-hole golf course is open and will host a snow golf tournament every month
Courmayeur Mont Blanc’s Family Ski Weeks
Following the resounding success of the Family Ski Week during Easter this year, it returns for a Christmas adventure from the 17th to the 23rd of December 2023. Hosted by Momentum Ski and partnered with Archy Events and the Monte Bianco Ski School, this special week includes the kids holiday club and group ski lessons. Family Ski Week will also be an annual Easter tradition, taking place from the 25th of March to the 1st of April 2024.
Recognising the potential stress of skiing holidays for families, particularly those with young, inexperienced members, Archie and his team at the club aim to streamline the experience. The team transports children from their hotels to the ski school, providing ski rentals, lunch, and a full schedule of afternoon and evening activities. This ensures that parents have ample time to enjoy Courmayeur’s exceptional restaurants and facilities, both on and off the slopes.
Suitable for children aged 4 to 13 years old. Prices start from £685 per child for 5 days. For more information on the December Family Ski Week, please visit https://momentumski.com/december-family-week-2/. For more information on the Easter Family Ski Week, please visit https://momentumski.com/easter-family-week/.
Experience alpine luxury set within a scenic location at Chalet Faon in Méribel. This unbeatable six-bedroom property sleeps up to fourteen guests and makes the perfect winter getaway for families seeking endless winter fun. Set within the stunning Méribel Village and part of the Les Allues Valley, Chalet Faon is the perfect escape for those with an appetite for skiing. The charming property boasts expansive terraces and bay windows which offer mesmerising views of the mountains as well as a bright family space that features a stony fireplace and grand piano – perfect for showcasing any hidden talents after a day on the slopes! For guests seeking a tranquil afternoon, the indoor jacuzzi, pool and Hammam will assist with any aches or pains.