Take the whole family along to London Sculpture Week and enjoy art tours, family workshops, performances and outdoor sculpture across the city. When: September
Take the whole family along to London Sculpture Week and enjoy art tours, family workshops, performances and outdoor sculpture across the city.
When: September 16 to 24
Where: City-wide. See individual events for locations.
Ticket price: Free
Find out more and book here
More information from organisers:
London Sculpture Week a free city-wide event with Frieze Sculpture, the Fourth Plinth, Sculpture in the City as well as The Line. The collaboration celebrates public art in key locations across London. It also showcases artists who push the boundaries of their practice and foster connections with the city and its residents.
The week-long programme includes public art tours as well as family workshops. It is also an opportunity to enjoy outstanding outdoor sculptures within an urban environment.
- City of London guides are running free walking tours. You can explore the wide scope of artworks that make up the 12th Edition of Sculpture in the City.
- Venture to Regents Park for Frieze Sculpture, which is a public exhibition featuring works from 22 leading international artists, including Ghada Amer, Leilah Babirye, Sanford Biggers and Jyll Bradley. (Frieze Sculpture runs until 29 October)
- Free Frieze Sculpture Curator Tour – Book online and take a free guided art walk with curator Fatoş Üstek at 12pm from Regent’s Park.
- Free family mask-making workshop at Greenwich Peninsula with Thames Festival Trust. Recycled materials are used to explore themes of heritage and identity in the style of Ghanaian artist Serge Attukwei Clottey.
- Stroll around Greenwich Peninsula as Remiiya Badru leads a BSL-interpreted guided tour of The Line and the artworks on display, as well as the nature and history that surrounds them.
London Sculpture Week maps are available to pick up in various venues and cultural hubs across the city. The map is also live on the free Bloomberg Connects app as a digital guide.
september 16 (Saturday) - 24 (Sunday)