With special celebrations and an extended four-day bank holiday weekend planned for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, join in the fun and mark this historic milestone with your little ones. Here’s the
With special celebrations and an extended four-day bank holiday weekend planned for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, join in the fun and mark this historic milestone with your little ones.
Here’s the official agenda (and don’t forget to check out our What’s On guide for lots of family fun):
- Trooping the Colour (The Queen’s Birthday Parade) returns for the first time since the pandemic began, with 1,400 parading soldiers, 200 horses and 400 musicians to mark the Queen’s official birthday.
- Platinum Jubilee Beacons will see thousands of beacons lit across the UK, Channel Islands and overseas territories in unison with the one at Buckingham Palace. Find out more here
- RAF fly-past watched by the Queen and members of the Royal family from Buckingham Palace’s balcony to close the Birthday Parade.
- Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s Cathedral, paying tribute to the Queen’s reign.
- The Derby at Epsom Downs will be attended by the Queen and members of the Royal Family. Find out more here.
- Platinum Party at the Palace staged and broadcast by the BBC, featuring some of the world’s biggest performers. Find out more here.
- The Big Jubilee Lunch street parties will take place across London and the UK’s neighbourhoods.
- The Platinum Jubilee Pageant, processing along The Mall and surrounding streets. Performers, dancers and military personnel will join the festival of creativity, combining street arts, theatre, music and circus. Find out more here
june 2 (Thursday) - 5 (Sunday)