Bring your favourite teddy to London Zoo for Zoobilee, with a wild Teddy Bear’s Picnic, animal crown-making, bug hunting and pond dipping on the agenda. And try to
Bring your favourite teddy to London Zoo for Zoobilee, with a wild Teddy Bear’s Picnic, animal crown-making, bug hunting and pond dipping on the agenda. And try to spot as many of the zoo’s 150,000 animals as you can.
When: 28 May to 5 June
Where: London Zoo
Ticket price: Included with zoo admission
Find out more and book here
More information for organisers:
Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style this May half term, with Zoobilee at ZSL London Zoo. Packed with family-friendly activities, the whole family will enjoy a day of celebration – not to mention getting up close to over 15,000 animals.
Join the wildest Teddy Bears’ Picnic in town, take a walk on the wild side with a bug hunting and pond dipping sessions, or create your own animal crown to wear as part of the environmentally friendly crafts.
With animal talks, face painting, quizzes and trails, there’s plenty to keep everyone entertained.
Full activity list:
- Zoobilee street party hub. At the teddy bears’ picnic, you can put your questions to the keepers with special Q&A sessions. At selected times, see the llamas, alpacas and pigs head out for a stroll.
- Secret English Country Garden. Step inside a hidden paradise to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, learn more about native wildlife. You can also try seed planting or bug house making.
- Food, glorious food. With pre-bookable picnic food, classic British sandwiches and garden party picnic snacks, including scotch eggs, vol-au-vents and sausage rolls, there’s something for everyone.
- Fit for a queen. Learn more about wild matriarchs at the zoo’s animal talks and take part in a royal treasure hunt.
- Create and discover. Decorate your own animal crown as part of the eco-friendly crafts. Then, try your hand at mini beast discovery, with bug hunting and pond dipping.
May 28 (Saturday) - June 5 (Sunday)