If you fancy an alternative Jubilee celebration, take a trip out of the city for Zoobilee at Whipsnade Zoo. When: May 28 to June 5
If you fancy an alternative Jubilee celebration, take a trip out of the city for Zoobilee at Whipsnade Zoo.
When: May 28 to June 5
Where: Whipsnade Zoo
Ticket price: Included in admission. Under 3s and members go free.
Find out more and book here
More information from organisers:
Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style this May half term with a visit to Zoobilee at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. There’s something for everyone with matriarch animal talks, lawn games and a royal photo exhibition.
Join in with a wild teddy bears’ picnic, try your hand at a traditional fête game or treat yourself to a pre-bookable afternoon tea box.
Many of the Zoobilee activities are free with an entry ticket or membership card.
- Teddy bears’ picnic. Bring along your teddy at 1.15pm each day for sing-along songs and storytelling.
- Traditional fête and lawn games. Have a go at the coconut shy or try your luck with hook a duck! Then head over to the lawns to join in with noughts and crosses or 4 in a row.
- Native species zone. Test your bug hunting skills before getting stuck in with eco-friendly crafts, such as building bug hotels.
- Tuck into delicious food options. Pre-book an afternoon tea picnic box, treat yourself to fairground snacks and enjoy classic British pie and mash. Don’t forget to decorate your own cupcake in true Platinum Jubilee style
- Get the royal treatment. Have your face painted, take a whirl on the classic carousel or take a ride in a safari car.
- Plus see the Zoo’s 10,000 amazing animals
May 28 (Saturday) - June 5 (Sunday)